The role of raw vegan foods in promoting liver health and detoxification
The role of raw vegan foods in promoting liver health and detoxification
Are you a vegan like me? Have you ever had liver problems? How have you used raw vegan diets?
If you are trying to quit alcohol or get rid of excess belly and side fat, you must first detoxify your liver.
Abnormal fat accumulation in the liver, usually caused by high-energy and high-fat diets, leads to fatty liver disease. In fact, the body cannot enter these high-fat and energy-rich substances into the metabolic cycle, and they eventually accumulate in the liver and cause the liver to be in a state of fibrosis or destruction.
Today, I have done a lot of research in the field of liver health and raw veganism, which has given me good results. In this article, we discuss the topic of The contribution of raw vegan diets to liver health and detoxification.
In this article you will read:
What is raw vegan diet?
Raw vegan, you’ve heard of it, but what exactly is involved? Foods that have not been heated above a specific temperature—typically between 104 and 118 degrees Fahrenheit—are included in a raw food diet.
Raw veganism is based on the idea that cooking destroys the enzymes, or primary life force, that provide nutrients to the body in a bioavailable form.
A raw vegetarian diet can be effective in improving the health of the body and liver by providing the substances and vitamins needed by the body. This diet can help you a lot in cleaning your liver. In this diet, liver enzymes are regulated and reach a normal level in the body so that the body works perfectly.
If you don’t know what raw vegetarianism is, read this post: What is Raw Vegan Diet
This kind of diet promotes weight loss while strengthening the immune system and enhancing organ health. A raw vegetarian diet is very beneficial for liver patients and those suffering from fatty liver.
The effect of raw vegetarianism on liver health and how it works
Consuming raw foods will increase energy levels and support and enhance liver function. One of the main reasons so many individuals experience lightness and clarity after making the move to a raw food diet is that it lessens the toxic burden on the liver. They experience sharp spikes in energy and a general feeling of superiority.
You can provide your liver with essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients that support and improve liver function by sticking to a raw food diet.
Eating a broad range of uncooked plant foods, particularly leafy greens like lettuce and herbs, is high in chlorophyll, which is practically a super nutrient for the liver!
It is crucial to understand that if you are transitioning to a raw food diet and initially experience some fatigue, this is simply due to your body detoxifying a large number of excess toxins that have been stored in your body’s cells, especially your fat cells. These toxins are filtered to your liver, which has to work extremely hard to remove them as soon as possible. It should pass in a few weeks or months, so don’t pass judgment too quickly on this way of life just yet!
For people with fatty liver disease in stages 2 and 3, it is recommended to consider the basic concentration of their diet with the usual raw vegetarian diet. This diet helps people suffering from stages 2 and 3 a lot.
What is Liver Cleanse?
The liver is a detoxifying organ in and of itself, in case you were wondering. Does it need outside assistance to clean itself? We will respond to your query.
The process of detoxifying your liver through a variety of methods, primarily diet, lifestyle, and food choices, is known as a liver cleanse.
- Taking necessary supplements and eating foods that generally enhance liver health are part of a liver cleanse. Discover how.
- Utilizing outside assistance (supplements and boosters) to get rid of dangerous toxins
- Eating foods that are beneficial to your liver and avoiding foods that are detrimental to it
- observing regimens for liver cleansing (more on this later)
Why is liver cleansing so important?
Many experts think that over time, the liver picks up harmful toxins and occasionally fat.
These buildups will eventually cause symptoms, some of which may appear after it’s too late.
Signs that show you need liver cleansing
Are you curious as to why you can’t get rid of fat? A toxic liver could be the cause. We’ll explain why.
Among your body’s most vital organs is your liver. Additionally, it produces the bile juice that breaks down the fat in your body.
Numerous symptoms can be projected by a toxic liver. It can include anything from nausea and vomiting to appetite loss. Some signs are:
- Abdominal bloating: Particularly after eating and weight gain in the abdomen as a result of improper fat metabolization.
- Sweating excessively: Among the initial indicators of liver damage are foul breath and an increase in body odor.
- Excessive fatigue, even after getting a good night’s sleep.
- Skin disorders: Abnormalities of the liver may cause rashes, and dry, itchy, and discolored skin.
- Digestive issues: Heartburn, diarrhea, and constipation can be signs of decreased bile production.
- Mood swings: Depression, inability to concentrate, and recurrent headaches are alarming indicators of liver damage.
- Hormonal imbalance: A malfunctioning liver can lead to an imbalance in the levels of the hormones testosterone and estrogen, which can worsen premenstrual symptoms and reduce libido.
- Chemical hypersensitivity: When you smell strong perfumes or other fragrances, you may experience a variety of symptoms.
Food restrictions for people with liver problems
To manage fatty liver disease, one strategy is to include more healthful foods in the diet. For those who have this illness, it’s crucial to limit or stay away from a few other foods, though.
Sugar and added sugars
AGA’s Clinical Practice Update states that added sugars should be avoided or consumed in moderation by those who have fatty liver disease, especially NAFLD. These could raise blood sugar levels and lead to an increase in liver fat.
A person who suffers from fatty liver disease ought to make an effort to cut back on or avoid alcohol completely in their diet.
White bread, white pasta, and white rice are all made from processed and refined grains. These highly processed grains are stripped of their fiber, which can cause blood sugar levels to rise during the breakdown process.
Fatty, fried, or salty foods
Consuming excessive amounts of fatty, fried, or salty food can raise calorie intake and increase the risk of obesity, which is a common cause of fatty liver disease (Trusted Source).
Other foods that should not be consumed:
× Refined foods Refined sugar, white sugar
× Refined carbohydrates, including white bread, pasta, white rice, waffles, donuts, etc.
× Processed foods
× Animal foods and red meat
× Dairy products – milk, cheese, etc.
× Soda/diet drinks
How long does it take for your liver to detoxify alcohol?
Of course, everyone is looking for a straightforward, attainable estimate of the amount of time we should avoid alcohol in order for our bodies to completely recover from its effects.
But in actuality, a number of variables, such as the following, will affect how quickly your liver detoxifies:
- The quantity of alcohol you drink.
- The amount of time you spend drinking.
- What other medical conditions do you have?
- How old you are
- Your weight.
“There isn’t a solution that works for everyone,” says Dr. Lindenmeyer. “That relies on the extent of the damage already done and any potential issues.”
Studies have been done on how a long-term alcohol fast helps your liver become more detoxified. According to a review of studies published in 2021, heavy drinkers who abstained from alcohol for two to four weeks were able to lower their elevated serum liver levels and reduce inflammation.
A few weeks off will be beneficial. On the other hand, the longer you can avoid alcohol, the better. In addition, your doctor would likely advise lifetime alcohol abstinence if your liver has suffered long-term damage so that it can properly detox and heal.
3-day Liver Cleanse
One of the best and quickest methods for liver detoxification is the 3-day Liver Cleanse.
Your liver will benefit greatly from a three-day liver cleanse diet full of anti-inflammatory foods, smoothies, and juices.
A few considerations before beginning your three-day liver cleanse regimen are as follows:
- Take some time to consider your eating and exercise habits (ideally in writing). Take note of the areas where you consume too much: a. caffeine; b. sugar c. Chocolate or cocoa.
Select the ones you wish to reduce while adhering to the three-day liver detox regimen. It’s critical to swap them out for healthier alternatives.
- The goal is to reduce your intake of unhealthy foods without creating a void in your diet. Choose meals that you enjoy that include whole grains, fruits, or vegetables for the duration of the three days.
- In general, shift your focus from grains and beans to more fruit- and vegetable-based diet options.
- Throughout the three days, make sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.To make your water even more nourishing and refreshing, squeeze in a little lemon juice.
- Nuts should be avoided in this diet, but eating some of them does not cause a problem, such as Brazil almonds – walnuts – peanuts – almonds – Hazelnut – Pistachios – pine nuts – Pumpkin seeds
- Eating some foods is also beneficial for a fatty liver, such as almond milk, olive oil, avocado, foods rich in vitamin E, soybean or soy products, flax seeds, and chia. These foods help improve the condition of the liver.
- Add chopped quinoa and flaxseed oil to your well-rounded diet.
Ambrosia Fruit Salad:
Traditionally, coconut, pineapple, and oranges are used to make it, but we’ll take a health slant here. A base of lovely banana cream (or mango or pineapple) and coconut, with an assortment of various fruits on top, is formed.
Coconut Milk Chia Pudding:
Transfer the chia seeds to the serving basin. The remaining ingredients (protein powder and frozen blueberries)are combined in a blender and mixed until a milky consistency is achieved. Before serving, cover the chia seeds with plant milk and let sit for fifteen minutes. Top with the blueberries and blueberry juice right before serving.
Water with Lemon
If you’re particularly puckish, try kitchari and sauerkraut.
Add the apples, cucumbers, kale leaves, and a few handfuls of parsley for lunch. You might also think about having a different dinner with.
Bottom Layer: Microwave the shortening until it melts, then mix it with the remaining ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Press into an 8×8 pan to form a thin layer. To firm up, place the pan in the refrigerator.
Layer of Blueberries: Using a food processor, puree the blueberries. After shortening has melted, mix together all the ingredients. Evenly press across the lowermost layer. Add chocolate shavings or cocoa powder as a garnish. *(I used palm shortening; if you’re not allergic, use coconut oil.)
Raw Cinnamon Buns
Dip dates. Process in 1/4 cup water to create a smooth paste of dates. Put away. Mix together flax, Spelt flakes, finely chopped pecans, and almond flour (I use the dehydrated almond pulp left over after making almond milk). Mix the date paste, olive oil, 1/4 cup agave, and 1 cup water in another basin. Combine the wet and dry components. Arrange on a nonstick dehydrator sheet in the shape of a rectangle. This should have a thickness of little less than half an inch. For thirty minutes, dehydrate at 120. Turn over, remove the dehydrator sheet, and continue dehydrating at 115 degrees for an additional 20 minutes.)
Raw pasta puttanesca
It’s hard to properly understand how much flavor this basic little meal has when you look at the ingredients list for Pasta Puttanesca. Here, I’ve used spiralized courgette or zucchini, but you could also use butternut squash, which will soften if you sprinkle it with a little salt and let it sit for ten minutes.
Raw Apple Pie
Chop, peel (optional), and core (required) the apple. Squeeze the lemon juice over it and throw it in a bowl. Remove the date pit (use extra if you prefer your food very sweet) and finely cut the date. Toss the apple with the date, walnuts, and cinnamon, then set aside for half an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
A raw vegan sandwich
Raw sandwich accompanied by a handmade olive and kale tapenade and crisp vegetables. This is a filling and healthful dinner because it contains omega-3 fats from seeds.
Add the tomatoes, basil, and thinly sliced onion. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for seasoning. This produces a delicious summertime tomato salad.
Drinks to cleanse the liver
Oatmeal and cinnamon drink:
I drink this to improve my liver function. High in fiber, minerals, and vitamins, oats aid in liver and intestine cleaning as well as digestion. Because they are high in nutrients and aid in the removal of toxins from the body, oats make the ideal detox beverage. Soak a teaspoon of organic oats for two to three hours in a bowl of boiling water. After that, strain the oats, add a teaspoon of cinnamon, and drink the mixture.
Did you know Avocado is rich in antioxidants such as lutein, vitamin E, and vitamin C? Vitamins and useful compounds in kiwi protect DNA from damage and are effective in preventing asthma, colon cancer, and macular degeneration. People who are trying to lose weight are also familiar with the word celery.
Mint is high in minerals like calcium, iron, and magnesium as well as vitamins A, B complex, and C. This aromatic vegetable guards against microbial infections and cell damage while fortifying the digestive tract. This is a useful beverage for liver cleansing. Don’t forget to test it.
Fruit detox smoothie:
This smoothie is perfect for fruit lovers like me. This smoothie also includes cabbage in addition to fruit. Vitamins A and C, copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, and dietary fiber are all abundant in cabbage. These help prevent cancer, enhance cardiovascular health, and help people lose weight.
Copper is one of the minerals and vitamins K, B2, and C that are abundant in grapes. The shelf life of grapes is significantly influenced by resveratrol. Furthermore, grapes improve brain clarity, lower blood sugar, and protect the body from microbial illnesses. Watermelon has lycopene, which is good for the cardiovascular system. Antioxidants found in watermelon help lower blood pressure, promote weight loss, and ease muscle tension. Grapefruit is good for lowering blood cholesterol and aiding with weight loss.
Coconut water and strawberry detox smoothie:
This smoothie is very good. My body feels so much cleaner after drinking this smoothie. A great source of vitamins, electrolytes, protein, and fiber, coconut water also aids with weight loss and colon cleansing.
Blueberry also improves brain function and is good for regulating blood sugar levels and strengthening eye health. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, manganese, and fiber and have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. I really love it.
- Green smoothies are made with green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, cucumbers, and other leafy greens.
- It is recommended to use dark green leafy vegetables such as arugula, beet greens, bok choy, carrot leaves, Swiss chard, collard greens, dandelion greens, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, watercress, parsley, radish, spinach, and spring. Vegetables, sorrel, turnip vegetables.
- You can add flaxseed and chia seeds to all smoothies and it helps you lose weight and keeps you full.
- Fruits such as bananas, apples, seedless grapes, blueberries, mangoes, berries, peaches, pineapples, and strawberries are the main basis of smoothies.
- You can add some protein powder to smoothies, it will help you feel filled for longer while maintaining a high metabolism.
- Be sure to only use non-dairy plant-based protein powders such as soy, rice, or hemp protein. Don’t look for whey protein powder, as it is made using cow’s milk.
- Add a little date juice to smoothies instead of sugar
Raw vegan meals for liver cleansing and detoxification(7 days)
Day 1 – 7
It is crucial to consume a large amount of fresh whole vegetables when following a proper detoxification regimen.
These components will guarantee that your body gets the following: zinc, magnesium, vitamin C, and essential fiber.
Furthermore, the more veggies you eat, the better your body will be.
Choosing a powerful, superfood-rich veggie juice or smoothie instead of the same old boring breakfast is a fantastic and increasingly popular alternative.
In addition to the liver detoxification diet plan, you should prioritize regular exercise. A balanced, healthful diet is only effective when it is best paired with the benefits of exercise. Exercise serves your body’s natural desire to rid itself of toxins that may be harmful to it.
7 days Mornings
- A serving of fresh, uncooked fruit (you can have different kinds all week long, like grapes, pineapple, apples, pears, mangoes, and grapefruit)
- Kiwi Chia Pudding (These adaptable raw chia puddings are ideal for a quick morning meal and can be made with any seasonal fruit! It takes only a few minutes to prepare and is quite substantial)
- Quick Raw Muesli (Try this tasty raw muesli with cacao nibs, dried fruit, almonds, cashews, and coconut! It comes together in a matter of minutes and keeps well for three weeks)
- Colorful Smoothie (The key ingredients of this thick and creamy smoothie bowl are frozen berries, bananas, and banana. Add more fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, raw granola, or other delectable toppings)
- Vegetable smoothie (A traditional raw food breakfast would be green vegetable smoothies! These are a great way to use up any fresh vegetables because they’re so simple to prepare and may include anything from spinach or kale to arugula, broccoli, apple, banana, or avocado.)
- Fresh fruit juice (Squeeze your own fresh fruit juice without adding sugar for a healthy juice)
- Mix fig smoothie, rice bran, oatmeal, chia seeds, banana, date juice and a small amount of water in a blender and drink.
To prepare a smoothie, we put all the fruits and vegetables in a high-powered blender, and after combining all the items, they are mixed together and make more fiber enter your body.
We use a juicer to prepare fruit juice, and a large amount of fruit and vegetable fiber is stored in the machine’s tank, and finally you drink the fruit and vegetable juice. These fiber-free juices make the body absorb natural sugar quickly and also help to cleanse your body and increase satiety.
7 days Lunches
Pour 300ml of water over 6 tablespoons of flaxseed and refrigerate overnight to allow it to soak. The following morning, place the dates, banana, and flaxseed with its soaking water in a blender cup and process until smooth. Accompany with your preferred berries or fruits.
Zucchini Noodles with Curry
After cleaning, trim the ends of the zucchini. Using the C-blade (the one that cuts noodles into spaghetti-like pieces), spiralize. Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and run the machine on high until the sauce is extremely smooth. It ought to be fairly dense. In a big bowl, toss the zucchini noodles with the curry sauce until well coated. Present and savor.
Raw vegetable salad
Iceberg lettuce, grated carrots, beets, and celery, drizzled with a little olive oil and lemon juice
One big mango and banana
Watercress, spring onions, fresh mint, tomato, red and yellow bell peppers, chicory, baby spinach, and beansprouts are combined in a mixed salad with a dressing of lemon juice and olive oil.
Cucumber and tomato salad
You may eat this crunchy, delicious, and easy salad as an appetizer or as a side dish. It’s made with tomato, cucumber, and onion. Choose a crunchy cucumber, a sweet red onion, and your favorite tomatoes. Present it as a raw plant-based meal, garnished with almonds, pepitas, or seeds
Fried cauliflower rice
Break cauliflower into florets and rinse well. Reduce the size of the florets and add a few handfuls at a time to the food processor or Vitamix. Pulse the cauliflower for 5 to 10 seconds, and then use a tamper to press it down if using a blender. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower rice and the remaining rice ingredients. Mix together all sauce ingredients, then pour over rice and stir to combine. Stir rice periodically while letting it sit for at least thirty minutes. Add sesame seeds as a garnish.
Raw vegan black bean dip
This dip is a food rich in protein, calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin B
Chop the onion. We mix beans that have been soaked overnight with chives, orange juice or lemon juice, olive oil or avocado, garlic and spices in a food processor and serve.
7 days Dinners
Carrot and Avocado Gazpacho
Juice the carrots until you have 2 cups of carrot juice. Chop the ginger and remove the avocado seeds. In the blender jug, add the avocado, ginger, and carrot juice. Blend until smooth. Blend one more after adding the sea salt, cilantro, and parsley. Transfer into dishes and sprinkle with black pepper and spring onions.)
Green smoothie with avocado and banana peel
Tomato Avocado Mushroom Corn Soup (To prepare the marinated mushrooms, slice them and toss them with a small amount of soy sauce or tamari. Place in a warm area for half an hour or bake at a very low heat for ten to fifteen minutes. When they have become softer and darker, they are prepared. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and soupy. Taste-test and add more water if necessary. Transfer into a bowl, add your desired toppings, and savor!)
Shaved Brussels sprouts salad
Making shaved Brussels sprout salad is simple; all you need are three ingredients for the salad and four for a delectable dressing of lemon and mustard
Fennel orange salad
Fennel and oranges are the key ingredients; to enhance the flavor even further, you can add black olives or pomegranate seeds
A raw veggie burger and a spinach side dish
Put items in the food processor first. Pulse to a texture similar to ground meat. Shape the hamburger patties with your hands and transfer them to the dehydrator sheet. For 14–16 hours, dehydrate hamburgers at 115°F.
Raw vegan lasagna
With a mandolin or vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini lengthwise into long strips. Get fillings ready. In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the cashew-almond layer and pulse until thoroughly mixed. If necessary, add a few teaspoons of water. It tastes best when it retains some firmness and isn’t overly creamy. In a food processor, combine avocado, your preferred herbs or greens, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to make the pesto layer. Process until smooth. Cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, and seasoning should all be added to a food processor and blended until creamy for the tomato layer. In order to construct, make changes to the layers of zucchini slices, tomato sauce, cashew-almond spread, zucchini, pesto, and zucchini. Continue, then top with a layer of sliced zucchini. Alternatively, if you plan to delay serving the lasagne, arrange the zucchini slices in a casserole dish with the cashew-almond spread on top. Continue this process until all of the sauces have been used and all of the zucchini slices have been used. Add your preferred nuts and seeds on top.
Vegetable raw wheat dip without sugar and cooking
We soak 1/2 cup of wheat or barley semolina for 5-6 hours. Then drain it and put it in a blender. Add 4-5 spoons of flour, 2 spoons of juice and cinnamon powder and mix in a blender.
Then, serve it in a bowl and decorate it with sesame and cinnamon powder.
- All the ingredients used should be raw and help to detoxify the organs including the skin, liver, and kidneys.
- In fact, whenever you feel hungry, you can snack on healthy crunchy vegetables like celery, carrots, apples, nuts, and unsalted raw seeds.
Do you urinate a lot when your liver is detoxing?
The body works hard to rid itself of the bad stuff. Certain herbs used in cleanses have a mild diuretic effect, meaning they encourage urination and bowel movements and the stimulation of flushing out excess hormones. Toxins also promote more frequent digestion in your body and get rid of toxins through urination and loose stools.
This is why it’s crucial to stay hydrated, eat a diet high in nutrients from whole foods, and take a whole-food multivitamin.
These will guarantee that you are refueling your nutrition. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies are a great way to help your digestion during a cleanse.
How do you know if your liver is working well?
Your overall health can be impacted by liver disease, which can also affect how well your liver functions. But in the early stages, the majority of liver diseases don’t show any symptoms. Consequently, it’s critical to periodically have blood tests performed to assess the condition of your liver.
To obtain a home blood test kit, you can schedule a blood test online or through your general practitioner. Because you can take the test from the comfort of your home and don’t need to wait to see a doctor, home blood test kits make it simple to monitor your health.
A home blood test is a finger prick test that only needs you to prick your finger and send your blood sample to the lab, as opposed to blood tests at GP offices, which require lengthy, sharp needles. That is all. Not a needle. No fuss.
After your sample is received by the lab, you can use the results of your blood test to determine how well your liver is functioning in as little as three to five working days.
As was already mentioned, liver disease typically exhibits no symptoms in its early stages.
However, if liver disease is allowed to worsen, it can manifest as symptoms like:
- feeling constantly weak and exhausted.
- appetite decline, which could result in weight loss.
- reduction in libido, or sex drive.
- Whites of the eyes and yellow skin are signs of a disease known as jaundice.
- Skin that aches.
The onset of liver disease symptoms indicates that your liver has already sustained damage and scarring. Regular blood testing can help prevent this because the results can indicate whether your liver is damaged and can guide you in selecting the right treatment plan to aid in its recovery.
Tips for following a raw vegan diet for liver health
- Do the necessary shopping, you need more fruits and vegetables during this diet.
- Motivate yourself and make yourself busy doing work or watching movies when you are hungry.
- Choose the right plan: The plan that best fits your lifestyle must be chosen. Examine your symptoms and your liver’s toxic load first. In this manner, you can select the plan that best suits your needs.
- Take baby steps: Changing your eating habits and starting the natural liver detox diet plan may be challenging at first, but you must persevere.
- If you have diabetes, use only low-sugar fruits and consult your doctor before following the diet. Low-sugar fruits include apples, grapefruit, lemons, limes, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, goji berries, cranberries, and blueberries.
A three-day liver detox can benefit your body, even if you have no liver problems, as we previously discussed. The diet plan includes several elements, such as exercise routines and carefully planned food selections to enhance overall well-being.
The raw vegan diet is rich in nutrient-dense plant foods and has been associated with various health benefits. Its emphasis on fruits and vegetables, which are consistently linked to lower blood pressure and a lower risk of heart disease and stroke, may help improve heart health.
A lot of nuts, seeds, sprouted whole grains, and legumes are also a part of this diet. According to studies, eating these meals can help lower blood cholesterol and your risk of heart disease.
Raw vegans may have a 75% lower risk of high blood pressure and a 42% lower risk of dying from heart disease, according to observational studies.
It may seem very different from the typical American diet, which is definitely a good thing, but let me show you how to make the shift in just ten easy steps.
In no time at all, you’ll be an expert in raw foods and living a healthy, fit lifestyle!
- Fill up on delicious raw vegan food!
- Make minor modifications.
- Use inventive cooking methods
- Make cookbook and guidebook purchases.
- Purchase some kitchen appliances
- Look for others who share your beliefs to discuss your experience with.
- For inspiration, browse YouTube channels and follow celebrities on Instagram.
- Make time for exercise
- Keep going even if you stray from your path.
In the end, if you intend to become a raw vegan, do not doubt that it is the right choice. I hope this article is on the topic of The role of raw vegan foods in promoting liver health and detoxification, if you have any opinion or experience about this, tell me in the comments, thanks.