Veganism and Masculinity
Being vegan is weak and soft, and it sounds feminine!!!” this is what an ignorant person would say regarding veganism, but with the information we have found, we prove all of these rumors wrong. (All tips & definition) just in this article.
In this article you will read:
Is a vegan diet a danger to masculinity?
So many factors divide us based on how we live our lives; one of these factors that have been a lot of trouble for some individuals is veganism and going vegan, especially for male individuals.
By the sentence above, we mean that being vegan is a big deal for male athletes.
But what if we told you that all of the facts you have heard about the masculinity of veganism are incorrect, you might have some information about veganism and masculinity ; however, we are positive that you don’t know the whole story.
In this article, we intend to tell you about veganism and being a male human.
This means that we will talk about the influence of going vegan for men and then tell you the positive and negative sides of becoming vegan for men.
And at the end of the article, we will be giving you a list of 10 famous male celebrities that are vegan.
By the end of this article, you will change your mind about going vegan in a positive way we mean.
If you are a man and you wonder whether you want to go vegan or not? You have come to the right place, so let’s get started and get your answer to the question.
Masculinity & veganism: constructive or destructive
Since many years ago, there has been evidence that people were vegan, well, not all of them but the majority of people, even males of the community.
As the health organization of the US suggests, more than 50% of the meat consumers in America are male individuals, and the rest are women.
We think that the indication that not eating meat can imply less masculinity is preventing so many men from going vegan, so let’s discuss this.
First of all, there has been no clinical evidence that choosing to go vegan reduces the male hormones you might have in your body, so in the perspective of science, we can say that vegan doesn’t affect your masculinity.
However, let’s get to the mental and psychological side of going vegan for male individuals.
If this topic had come up 10 or 15 years ago, we would say that maybe eating only greens can reduce your masculinity.
But now that we live in the 21st century, we can say that all of that is no sense.
No one can judge others based on what they choose to eat because they don’t want to be judged as well; however, going vegan for men can be challenging because so many people in the community have the mindset that going vegan is a “soft and feminine” move.
This is hardly incorrect.
These days there are two reasons that people go vegan:
· The first one is to protest against companies that conduct animal cruelty to get the products that contain meat or anything animal based for that matter, even the clothes that you wear every day.
· However, the second group goes vegan because it is healthy and would significantly increase the body’s performance, whether in sports or everyday activities.
In the next section of the article, we will be talking about the chemistry of being vegan, and we will answer a critical question for men, can going vegan cause low energy, and is it unhealthy for men?
We shall answer this question soon.
Is going vegan healthy for men? (+alternatives)
You may have heard that mothers always insist their children eat their vegetables and greens, and why do you think that is?
True, this is a pretty simple example but bear with us.
The human body never stops developing while the outside may seem unchanged after a while, but the interior of the body should be kept fresh for a long time of living.
When we are talking vegan, we mean that there is no meat of any kind, eggs, and dairy products; these are the restricted substances that a vegan can’t consume.
However, some men might ask what we should eat to maintain protein levels.
Fortunately, other substances on the planet earth contain keratin and protein, such as soy, which is used to make artificial meat for vegan burgers.
So let us say that there is no harm in being vegan; quite the opposite, being vegan can increase your health levels, both mentally and physically.
Overall we would like to say that many people say that going vegan can cause your body harm, but it shows that they have never touched a book.
In the last words, we would like to say that you can get all the nutrition you need from nuts or greens that grow from Mother Nature, and there is no need for any meat or egg in your diet.
However, in the end, going vegan is a choice that everyone has, and it is a matter of preference if you want to go vegan or not.
Now let’s get to the next section of the article, in which we will talk about the social aspect of being a male vegan.
Veganism & social stance: wrong or right
Talking about masculinity has always been an issue; you might ask why.
We must admit that sometimes the border between masculinity and toxic masculinity is blurred.
As you know, toxic masculinity means justifying bad behavior with being a man, which is over in the century we are living in. however, there are still some individuals that have this toxic treatment, meaning they would say, “being vegan shows that you are weak as a man” which is complete insanity.
After we reveal the list of the male artists that are vegan, you will be shocked.
Overall in today’s society, everyone is working to find their place; however, you should not let hostile and ignorant individuals come between you and your choices; after all, you are the one that will live your life, and we are sure that in today’s world no one is going to assume that you are weak just because you are a vegan.
Overall we can assure you that in this era, no one will think less of you for being vegan, and quite the opposite, they would respect you more because as a man who is equal to women, you are defending the creatures that are defenseless or you are taking a stand to live a healthy life.
As they say, you must be yourself to find the piece at the end.
In the article’s next section, we will see the list of the 10 male vegans you wouldn’t believe are vegan.
10 male celebrities that are vegan
In this section, we intend to present you with a list of famous male and vegan people.
Our goal for making this list is not to compare your life to these people, but we want you to see the courage that these individuals have; while they are worldly known, they are willing to risk it all to protect their beliefs
, regardless of judgment and anything that they hear.
And as you might notice, a lot of people respect this act.
Now let’s get to the list and then discuss this matter a tad more:
1. Joaquin Phoenix (Star of Joker 2019)
2. Woody Harrelson (Star of Hunger Games)
3. Stevie Wonder (Singer)
4. Peter Dinklage (Star of Game of Thrones)
5. Will.i.am (Singer/DJ/Songwriter)
6. Jared Leto (Actor/Singer)
7. Tobey Maguire (Star of Spiderman)
8. Ricky Martin (Singer/Actor)
9. Travis Barker Kardashian (Rapper)
10. Benedict Cumberbatch (Star of Doctor Strange)
As you can see, this list contains a lot of men from every industry, and, interestingly, these people are famous, meaning that everyone knows them, but they are proud to shout out to the world that going vegan for men isn’t a bad thing.
Imagine you will have a healthier life, way better than before, and you’re protesting against a good cause to protect the creatures with no one to defend them; only the thought of going vegan can liberate one’s soul and mind.
Overall we have to say that you may have heard many bad things about the man who goes vegan. However, you must keep yourself calm and make the right decision based on the information you received today and your feelings.
As we said, going vegan isn’t something that others will choose for you, you have to think deeply and then decide for yourself, and in the end, we assure you that no one will think you are weak or anything just because you are a man that becomes vegan.
Now let’s get to the end of the article and finish the statement, shall we?
So if we wrapped all of the information we cited in this article, we would say that eating healthier is essential for men and women. However, individuals that go to the gym and they are susceptible to their health should choose a different lifestyle to adapt their bodies.
Meanwhile, some say that eating greens or, in other words, becoming vegan can harm male athletes and sports lovers’ health; however, in this article, we proved this rumor wrong and cited all of the reasons you should consider veganism.
After all of the info we presented, we listed some of the famous male vegans all over the planet to show you that being a male vegan is something to be proud of.
In the end, we are very much glades that you stayed with us until the end of the “Is a vegan diet a danger to masculinity? ” article, and keep in mind that becoming vegan as a man is your business. No one else can give their opinion on your lifestyle; you are your boss, remember that.
If you have anything to share regarding veganism and masculinity , ask away all your inquiries in the comment section below.
Answers to your questions about veganism and masculinity
Why should men get vegan?
· There is a simple answer to this question because eating greens and avoiding animal-based consumables can increase health in a significant way; men should at least consider getting vegan because they will have a higher performance with less harm.
Is being vegan soft and feminine?
· This question is an evident one. Being vegan is the farthest thing from being feminine. There is no relation and connection between being vegan and being feminine, so keep calm and eat your greens in peace.
Why are most vegans women?
· This has no rational reason because up until several years ago, being vegan was such a bummer and a big deal, so many men worldwide refused this lifestyle based on incorrect facts. Still, the statistics show that more than half of the vegans are male.
Does veganism influence testosterone?
· Not more than usual. No research or evidence proves that being vegan can alter your hormone levels; the only thing being vegan can do is calm your nerves and balance your hormone levels. However, it never decreases testosterone in men.
Is being vegan bad for male athletes?
· Not at all; being a vegan and a male athlete has nothing to do with the sport, but in the long term, the athletes’ performance can increase, and they will be able to go through their routines much more accessible and better.
Is veganism harmful?
· Quite the opposite, being vegan can guarantee you will stay healthy throughout your life, so you have to consider being vegan as a lifestyle.
Can vegans wear wool?
· It depends if the vegan person has chosen only the vegan diet. They can wear animal-based clothes, but if they have been adapted to the whole culture, they will avoid wool and substances like it.
Can veganism influence hormones?
· Yes, they would; however, being vegan means that your body’s hormone levels will be balanced, which means you will get healthier daily.
Do females like a vegan man?
· In the 21st century, no one cares whether you are vegan or not because the main thing that attracts females to men is their personality and understanding, not what they eat.
Can being a vegan become a turnoff factor?
· No, not; as we mentioned, you have to live your life to the fullest, and no one will judge you and be turned off by you just because you don’t eat meat; it is very honorable.
Share this article with your friends to increase men’s awareness about becoming vegan, and if you have any comments, write to me in the comments.