15 Yummy & Delicious Vegan Lunch Ideas
Welcome to the world of vegan options for lunch that are not only delicious but also nutritious!
Whether you are a seasoned vegan, a new convert, or just looking to explore more plant-based options, this guide is here to help you discover some of the most mouthwatering vegan lunch ideas that will satisfy your taste buds.
In this guide, we will share some of the most delicious and satisfying vegan lunch ideas that are easy to make and perfect for any day of the week. We’ve covered you, from hearty salads and sandwiches to savory soups and stews.
So, let’s dive in and explore the world of vegan lunch ideas together.
Don’t miss this fascinating and readable post : Easy & Delicious Vegan Sandwiches Ideas
In this article you will read:
15 Easy Vegan Lunch Ideas You’ll Love | Quick & Healthy Recipes
As we mentioned above, you are in the place where you can find the easiest-to-read, so delicious and mouthwatering vegan lunch.
So always follow us, and we will introduce you to some tasty and easy vegan ideas for lunch to help you enjoy your vegan diet.
Check out these 15 easy recipes that are perfect for a quick and healthy meal!
Vegan sandwiches & wraps for lunchtime
Do you like sandwiches and wraps?
So, this part belongs to you; you can get ideas for vegan sandwiches and wraps for lunchtime.
Get inspired with our delicious vegan sandwich and wrap ideas that are perfect for lunchtime. From classic combos to unique flavors, find your new go-to recipe.
Savory Vegan Tempeh Sandwich
Tempeh sandwiched between two pieces of bread makes it an excellent vegan lunch option since it’s high in protein and fiber.
To make it, you need simple ingredients such as peppery arugula, savory soy sauce, tamari, or coconut amino.
The dish uses tempeh as a meat substitute, and you can get the protein you need.
The combination of flavors and textures makes it an incredibly satisfying meal.
How to make vegan tempeh at home?
Tempeh is not only a great source of protein and fiber but also a versatile ingredient that can be used in various dishes and meals. So let’s get started!
Prepare the ingredients:
- 2 cups soybeans
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tempeh starter culture
- 1/2 cup water
Let’s go to start:
- Rinse the soybeans and soak them in water for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the soybeans and rinse them thoroughly.
- Transfer the soybeans to a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 30-40 minutes until the soybeans are soft.
- Drain the soybeans and let them cool to room temperature.
- Once the soybeans have cooled, rub them together with your hands to remove the outer skin. Discard the skins and keep the soybeans.
- Add the soybeans to a food processor and blend until they form a coarse paste.
- Transfer the soybean paste to a mixing bowl and add the tempeh starter culture and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a tray or shallow dish. Cover with a clean cloth.
- Place the tray in a warm place (around 30-32°C) and let it ferment for 24-48 hours. You should start to see white mold forming on the surface of the tempeh.
- Once the fermentation process is complete, cut the tempeh into desired shapes and sizes.
- Store the tempeh in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Voila! Now you have homemade vegan tempeh for your lunch sandwich with protein and fiber. This process may seem time-consuming, but it is worth it. Plus, you can feel good knowing you made it yourself and it’s free of added preservatives or chemicals. So get creative and use your homemade tempeh in sandwiches and more!
Super Tasty Chickpea Wraps for a Delicious Vegan Lunch
Another delicious option for vegan lunch is chickpea wraps which are easy and delicious to make in under an hour. In addition, it is Mexican cuisine and delivers about 428kcal calories.
Chickpeas are an excellent protein, fiber, and another essential nutrient source. They can be used as a base for various delicious wraps, adding a savory flavor and texture to the dish.
They make a nutritious and flavorful wrap with avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice, and spices.
It would be best to fold the wraps properly to make them look as good as they taste.
Are you ready to make a super tasty vegan lunch that’s easy to prepare and flavorful?
- In a bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher until they form a coarse paste.
- Add the diced red onion, sliced avocado, tomato, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Warm your tortilla wraps in the oven or microwave.
- Spread a generous amount of the chickpea mixture onto the center of the tortilla wrap.
- Roll the tortilla wrap tightly into a wrap, folding in the sides to keep the filling in place.
- Cut the wrap in half and enjoy your super tasty chickpea wrap!
This recipe takes under an hour to prepare, making a delicious and satisfying vegan lunch. Combining the savory chickpea filling with the creamy avocado and juicy tomato will surely please your taste buds. Plus, the added lemon juice and spices give it an extra flavor. So go ahead and give these wraps a try!
Yummy and easy vegan Caprese sandwich
This Caprese sandwich makes a delicious and healthy vegan lunch idea. It features fresh tomatoes, creamy vegan mozzarella, and fresh basil pesto, all on a toasted bun. You can make it in 10 minutes, which gives you about 210 kcal calories.
The vegan ingredients provide a nutritious meal free of cholesterol, saturated fats, and animal-derived products, and the sandwich has an ideal balance of carbs, protein, and fats.
It is also shallow in calories, making it an excellent option for those looking to manage their weight.
The tomatoes and basil bring a fresh flavor, while the vegan mozzarella adds a rich, creamy texture to the sandwich.
To ensure a flavorful experience, choose the ripest tomatoes available instead of heirloom tomatoes.. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Smoky Chickpea Lavash Wrap – A Delicious Vegan Lunch Recipe
These wraps are a healthy source of plant-based protein and fiber, making them a satisfying and unique option for a vegan lunch. The wrap is versatile, allowing you to customize it to your taste.
You can add ingredients like tomatoes and avocado to flavor your wraps.
The lavash wrap is also a delicious source of plant-based protein, as it contains chickpeas, making it an excellent option for vegetarians and vegans.
This dish is great because you can freeze it for 4 or 5 days and use it when you return from work.
Try this mouth-watering smoky chickpea lavash wrap recipe, perfect for a quick and healthy vegan lunch. It’s packed with flavor and nutrients!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lavash bread or tortilla
- Sliced veggies (cucumber, bell pepper, lettuce, etc.)
- Mix the chickpeas, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl until the chickpeas are coated evenly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the chickpea mixture. Cook for 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the chickpeas are crispy and golden brown.
- Warm your lavash bread or tortilla in the oven or microwave.
- Spread a generous amount of hummus onto the lavash bread or tortilla.
- Add your sliced veggies and the smoky chickpeas on top of the hummus.
- Roll up the lavash bread or tortilla tightly into a wrap.
- Cut in half and enjoy your delicious and healthy smoky chickpea lavash wrap!
This recipe only takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare, making it a perfect quick, and satisfying meal option.This mouth-watering smoky chickpea lavash wrap is sure to satisfy your cravings. So go ahead and give it a try!
Delicious Vegan BLT Sandwich Recipe
I always look for creative ways to make plant-based versions of classic dishes; vegan bacon is no exception!
This vegan version of the beloved sandwich uses tempeh bacon instead of traditional pork bacon. The tempeh is marinated and cooked in a pan, giving it a smoky flavor and crunchy texture.
The tempeh bacon is combined with fresh lettuce, tomato, and vegan mayonnaise, creating a delicious and cruelty-free version of the classic BLT ideal for vegan lunch.
So, are you ready to learn how to make vegan bacon for lunch ? Let’s get started!
- 1 can of beans (black beans or chickpeas work well)
- 1 package of mushrooms (button mushrooms are great options)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp oil for frying (avocado oil or coconut oil work well)
- Rinse and drain your can of beans and set them aside.
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Slice them thinly and set aside.
- Whisk together the soy sauce (or tamari), maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. This will be your marinade.
- Add sliced mushrooms and beans to the marinade, ensuring everything is coated well. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, giving the flavors time to absorb.
- Heat a tablespoon or two of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add your mushrooms and beans. Spread them out, so they cook evenly.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring until the mushrooms and beans are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve your veggie bacon as a sandwich topping.
While vegan bacon can be made from various plant-based ingredients, some are healthier than others. For instance, vegan bacon made from tempeh, mushrooms, or beans will have more nutrients than vegan bacon derived from processed soy or wheat.
Enjoy your delicious and cruelty-free bacon alternative!
I suggest you read this interesting and delicious post for vegan dinner ideas:30 Yummy & Mouthwatering Vegan Dinner Ideas
- Vegan salads for lunchtime
Eating vegan salads for lunch is a great way to get all the essential nutrients your body needs and plenty of fiber.
Follow the rest of the article to learn some of these ideas:
Appetizing Thai pasta salad
Appetizing Thai pasta salad is a vegan lunch idea that combines Thai cuisine’s unique flavors with traditional pasta salad ingredients. It includes noodles, vegetables, and a flavorful dressing made with Thai herbs and spices.
The combination of pasta, Thai herbs, and spices creates an exquisite, familiar, and exotic flavor.
The vegetables add freshness and crunch to the dish, and the dressing helps bring all the flavors together.
Use spaghetti noodles or thin spaghetti noodles to make this dish. You can include Zucchini, Carrot, and Green Onions in this dish, depending on your desire. It has 159k calories, and you can make it in 30 minutes.
Tasty vegan Mexican chopped salad with avocado dressing
This salad is a delicious, plant-based meal full of flavor and nutrients, making it the best idea for vegan lunch.
Combining fresh vegetables, black beans, jalapenos, and creamy avocado dressing makes it ideal for a healthy and satisfying meal.
The vegetables are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber, while the black beans provide a source of plant-based protein.
Here’s a potential recipe for the Mexican chopped salad with avocado dressing:
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped romaine lettuce, diced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, and sliced jalapenos.
- In a separate bowl, make the avocado dressing. Add the avocado, non-dairy yogurt, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the diced avocado to the salad bowl and mix everything together.
- Drizzle the avocado dressing over the top of the salad and mix until everything is coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
The avocado dressing is rich in healthy fats and provides a delicious flavor to the salad. In just 20 minutes, you can prepare this salad and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after cooking. By eating this salad as a vegan lunch, you will gain 347 K calories.
Hearty Greek pasta salad
Greek pasta salad is a delicious and easy dish to make. It comprises cooked pasta mixed with fresh vegetables, olives, feta cheese, and a flavorful dressing.
The combination of flavors gives it an original and delicious taste, making it an excellent idea for a vegan lunch, and you will consume 381k calories by eating this salad.
The feta cheese must be prepared a day before, so you cannot make it quickly. Feta cheese must sit and marinate in the brine solution overnight to adequately infuse the flavors.
Also, the pasta should be boiled briefly to prevent it from becoming mushy. Pasta should be cooked al dente, meaning it should have a slight bite. If it is cooked shorter, it will become overly soft and mushy.
Homemade Vegan Feta Cheese – A Delicious and Easy Recipe
If you’re looking for a vegan cheese that’s tasty and easy to make at home, look no further than this delicious vegan feta cheese recipe!
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by pressing the tofu to remove any excess water. You can do this by wrapping the block of tofu in a clean towel and placing a heavy object on top for 30 minutes.
- Once the tofu has been pressed, cut it into small cubes and place it in a bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the tofu cubes and stir gently to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to blend and the tofu to absorb the marinade.
- Once the tofu has marinated, it will have a tangy and flavorful taste similar to feta cheese. You can use it as a topping for salads, sandwiches, or pasta dishes.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to marinate. It makes about 1 cup of vegan feta cheese, which can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can enjoy a delicious and healthy alternative to dairy-based cheese by making your own vegan feta cheese at home. Give it a try, and let your taste buds thank you!
You can easily make tofu at home with this recipe : How to Make Vegan Back Peas tofu Step-by-Step with Black Chana
Delicious vegan chickpea winter salad
This hearty salad contains roasted vegetables, flavorful chickpeas, and a creamy dressing. It is an excellent way to get your daily dose of vegetables without sacrificing flavor.
This salad can be prepared in 15 minutes and contains 459k calories, which is ideal for those who want to try vegan lunch.
You do not need to pay high prices to gain protein and fiber, with some simple ingredients like chickpeas and seeds, and precisely to end up with a notorious food. Chickpeas, seeds, and parsley all contain high levels of both protein and fiber.
Combined with other ingredients, such as vegetables, grains, and spices, they can create a low-cost, nutritious meal high in protein and fiber.
Yummy lentil bean salad
This salad is an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also low in fat and calories, making it a perfect choice for those seeking to maintain or lose weight. These features make this salad the best option for vegan lunch.
This is because the salad contains primarily vegetables, which are naturally high in fiber and low in fat and calories.
Here’s a recipe for Vegan Yummy Lentil Bean Salad:
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 can of mixed beans
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain the cooked lentils and mixed beans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lentils, mixed beans, cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper, parsley, and mint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
The plant-based proteins, such as beans and lentils, provide an additional source of protein without adding extra calories. Vegetable vitamins and minerals offer essential nutrients to the body without adding extra calories.
Approximately 551k calories are gained when you consume it after 25 minutes of preparation.
Hearty bowls & pasta for vegan lunch
They are filling, making them an excellent option for a satisfying and nutritious vegan lunch.
Let’s find out some of those ideas:
Delicious red pesto pasta
This meal is a great vegan option that is delicious and quick to make. It is made with a red pesto sauce from sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
How to cook this lunch?
- According to the package instructions, start by cooking your pasta in a large pot of salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare your red pesto sauce.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, tomato paste, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.This sauce gives the pasta a rich, flavorful and creamy texture without using animal products.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and reserve some of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the red pesto sauce. Toss everything together, adding some pasta water to thin out the sauce.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Enjoy your delicious vegan red pesto pasta for lunch!
By consuming this dish, you will get 395k calories after being prepared in 20 minutes.
This vegan-friendly meal is a great way to enjoy a delicious vegan lunch in a fraction of the time.
Spicy vegan lentil stew
Lentils are packed with protein and a rich fiber source, making them an ideal ingredient for a nutritious and delicious stew for a vegan lunch.
Adding savory spices and herbs adds depth of flavor and gives it a ‘sexy’ twist. Lentils are a healthy source of slow-release energy that helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
The high fiber content also helps to keep you fuller for longer and helps to reduce unhealthy cravings.
Spices and herbs add flavor complexity, making meals more enjoyable and palatable.
With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can whip up this hearty stew in no time.
Preparation time: 40-45 minutes.
Here is how to cook this vegan lunch:
- Rinse the lentils and remove any debris.
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper, and stir well.
- Add the lentils and stir to coat with the spices.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and enough water to cover the lentils by about an inch.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This vegan lentil stew is perfect for a cozy lunch or meal prep for the week ahead. It’s also incredibly versatile, so feel free to add in any veggies or spices you have on hand. Enjoy!
If you cannot make lunch regularly, you can store this stew in the freezer for up to a month and enjoy it whenever you want.
Yummy marinated mushroom bowls with lentils and wild rice
This dish is a delicious and healthy vegan meal that is packed with protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates. The mushrooms are marinated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and herbs for added flavor.
The lentils and wild rice provide a strong base for the dish, and the mix of vegetables adds freshness and crunch to the meal.
Here’s how to whip it up in no time:
What ingredients do you need?
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of wild rice
- 1 lb of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed veggies of your choice (e.g. bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, etc.)
How to cook:
- Cook the lentils and wild rice according to package instructions.
- While the lentils and wild rice are cooking, marinate the mushrooms. In a large bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar,
- olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated mushrooms and cook until tender and browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the lentils and wild rice are cooked, divide them evenly between 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with the cooked mushrooms and mixed veggies of your choice.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
This vegan marinated mushroom bowl with lentils and wild rice is perfect for a quick and easy lunch. It’s also a great meal prep option that you can enjoy throughout the week. Try it out and let us know what you think!
It takes about 40 minutes to cook this delicious vegan dish for lunch.
Hearty vegan Poke Bowl
This bowl of the famous Hawaiian dish makes a nutritious and delicious vegan meal for lunch. Tempeh and tofu offer high-quality protein, while vegetables provide essential vitamins and minerals.
In addition to providing your body with complex carbohydrates, grains also provide energy.
To make it, you need tofu or tempeh instead of fish, and add fresh veggies like avocado, cucumber, carrots, and edamame. Serve over rice or quinoa.
How to prepare plant-based poke bowl with tempeh and fresh veggies ?
- Cook the rice or quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the rice or quinoa is cooking, prepare the tempeh. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, grated ginger, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the tempeh cubes and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated tempeh and cook until crispy and browned about 10-12 minutes.
- Top each bowl with the cooked tempeh, sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, and edamame.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Leftovers of this dish can be frozen for up to 4-5 days and consumed when vegan lunch is unavailable.
This vegan poke bowl is a delicious and healthy meal that’s perfect for lunch . Try it out and let us know what you think!
Quick and creamy avocado pasta
This vegan dish suitable for lunch combines creamy avocado, nourishing vegetables, and a kick of garlic.
The added vegetables provide essential vitamins and minerals, while the avocado gives it a creamy texture and delicious flavor. Garlic adds a spicy kick that helps bring all the flavors together.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the avocado sauce. In a blender or food processor, blend the avocado, minced garlic,
- lemon juice, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, and chopped fresh basil. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You will gain 494k calories after preparing this food in 15 minutes. At the same time, the quick preparation time of 15 minutes ensures you can enjoy it quickly for your lunch.
This avocado pasta is an easy lunch option for vegans that is both healthy and delicious. The creamy avocado sauce and fresh vegetables make it a satisfying and nutritious meal that you’ll love. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Many delicious and healthy vegan lunch ideas can help you stay fueled and satisfied throughout the day.
Some options include salads with plenty of veggies and protein sources such as tofu, tempeh, and chickpeas; wraps or sandwich bowls or stews; and salads.
Creativity and simple ingredients make it easy to enjoy a delicious and nutritious vegan lunch daily.
We hope you find this post helpful in finding vegan lunch ideas.
You can contact us in the comment section if you have any other ideas for vegan lunch.