What is a High Raw Vegan?
High raw vegan is a diet that focuses on natural, unprocessed foods. It’s not just about vegetables, fruits and nuts – it’s about eliminating all additives and processed foods along with the agricultural methods that make them.
This type of diet has surged in popularity over the past few years, with many celebrities embracing it as well. From Beyoncé to Charlize Theron and recently, even Kate Bosworth!
But what does it involve? What do you need to know before you give it a try? Let’s take a look…
In the article “What is Raw Vegan Diet” I said everything you need to know about the raw vegan diet, now let’s learn more about another type of raw vegan diet called High Raw Vegan.
Whether you’re new to plant-based eating or just looking for some new ideas, being a high raw vegan can be quite challenging at first. The idea of eating only raw, whole, organic foods might seem restrictive at first and seem as if it would make meal preparation difficult. However, once you get used to it, it becomes easier every day.
This lifestyle is not as restrictive as it seems. In fact, it can be very rewarding once you get used to the changes and learn how to balance your diet accordingly. Plus, there are so many benefits you’ll receive from adopting this way of eating. From better health and weight management to increased energy and a feeling of clarity and peace in your life, embracing high raw veganism is well worth the effort!
In this article you will read:
What is a High raw vegan?
A raw vegan is someone who primarily consumes raw foods. Raw vegetarians eat a diet where raw food is the primary ingredient,Raw vegans typically eat a diet consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts.
Raw vegans avoid all foods that have been heated above 115°F (46°C), including pasteurization, cooking, canning, freezing, or heating in a microwave oven. Raw vegetarians do not fry food or use cooking oils, margarine, or butter. Both raw vegans and raw vegetarians limit the use of salt, sugar and other common additives.But in the high raw vegan diet, some foods can be cooked with a mild temperature.
Why go high raw vegan diet ?
There are many benefits of going high raw vegan diet. Some people believe that a raw vegan diet is healthier than a cooked vegan diet,
For example, a high raw vegan diet can help to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Furthermore, a high raw vegan diet can help to improve your energy levels. In addition, a high raw vegan diet can help to improve your mood and mental clarity.
For example, it is easier to maintain a high raw vegan diet if you are eating mostly fruits and vegetables. It is also easier to maintain a high raw vegan diet if you are eating small amounts of protein at each meal.
Following a high raw vegan diet is easier than %100 raw vegan because some foods such as rice and beans can be cooked and served at low temperatures. Also, some foods that are produced with low heat are also allowed in this diet.
100% Rraw Vegan
A raw vegan diet means that you can’t eat cooked foods – most of the daily meals are fruit
Also, in the raw vegan diet, your food is never heated above 118 degrees Fahrenheit, and sometimes a little heat is given to cook the food.
Raw vegan people believe that heating food to a temperature higher than 118 degrees Fahrenheit destroys the enzymes in the food, and food enzymes begin to break down at a temperature of 106 degrees, and thus all cooked foods are enzyme-free.
They also believe that cooking food changes the molecular structure of food and makes it toxic.
Research shows that live and raw foods have higher nutritional value than cooked foods.
High Raw Vegan
In a high raw vegan diet, raw foods are consumed more than cooked foods. Also, the ratio of raw food consumption can be up to 99%.More than 75% of the food of people who follow a high raw diet consists of unprocessed raw materials.
Allowed foods list in the high raw diet :
- All kinds of raw vegetables and fruits
- All kinds of Nuts and seeds
- Root vegetables and all kinds of pumpkins
- All kinds of raw spices and fresh herbs
- All kinds of bean sprouts
- Vegan milks and milks made from nuts
As you know, the raw diet includes unprocessed and uncooked foods.
If the food is prepared at a temperature of less than 115 degrees Fahrenheit, it is allowed for the high raw vegan diet, but in the raw vegan diet, no cooked food is allowed.
The list of foods that are mentioned below are produced with low heat and are allowed in the high raw vegan diet:
- Unprocessed olives
- All kinds of cold pressed oils
- All kinds of pickles, fermented foods
- Raw unpasteurized sauces such as soy sauce
- All kinds of dried fruits and vegetables
- Raw chocolate
If you have a guest who follows a raw vegan diet, I suggest you be careful and make them a 100% raw food like a vegetable salad or a fruit salad. But if your guest is a follower of high raw vegan diet, you can steam the food at a temperature of 40 to 48 degrees.
Advantages of a high raw vegan diet
– Raw vegan diets are naturally healthy and low-calorie. Raw foods are low in calories and fat and rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
– High Raw vegan foods are high in fiber, which makes you feel satiated and improves digestion.
– High-Raw-vegan foods are low in protein, so they are ideal for people who are trying to lose weight.
– Raw vegan diets are low in preservatives, additives, and other unhealthy ingredients.
– High-Raw-vegan diets are high in protein, thus ideal for athletes who are trying to gain strength and endurance.
– High raw vegan diet are easy to follow, so you can be sure of optimal health and well-being.
– High raw vegan diet are environmentally-friendly, as raw foods don’t require any chemicals or packaging.
Concerns about the high raw vegan diet
- Does the high-raw-vegan diet lack key nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, iron and zinc?
You can get these nutrients by eating a balanced, whole, plant-based diet or taking supplements.
- Does the high raw vegan diet lack vitamins and minerals?
You can improve the nutritional value of your diet by choosing a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, eating whole foods, and incorporating a variety of raw vegan recipes.
- Is the high raw vegan diet low in calories and not suitable for those trying to gain weight?
You can add more calories to your diet by eating non-raw foods such as whole grains, legumes, and seeds.
How to become a high-raw vegan?
Raw vegan diets are all about eating food that only includes raw ingredients, but what about the rest of it? The raw vegan lifestyle is about eating healthy and organic foods but it’s also about how you prepare them and how you consume them. Raw vegan diets require a bit more effort in the kitchen than other diets, but the extra work is well worth it. Raw vegan diets are nutrient-rich and not only taste great but are also very healthy and beneficial to your body. If you want to follow a raw vegan diet, there are some things you should keep in mind.
– First and foremost, be prepared to go to the grocery store every week. If raw vegan diets are all about fresh organic produce, you’ll need to make a weekly trip to the supermarket.
– Next, you’ll need to be well-versed in the raw vegan diet. Raw vegan diets are based on eating fresh organic fruits and vegetables, so it’s important to know what they are and how to prepare them.
– High raw vegan diets require planning. You need to choose which raw vegan recipes you want to prepare for the week, buy the ingredients for them, and have them ready for your next meal.
– You’ll also need to prepare a healthy, balanced meal for the rest of your family. This can be challenging for some families, but it’s important to do it so your loved ones have healthy food options too.
8 Simple Steps to Becoming a High-Raw Vegan
- Make a raw vegan meal plan
- Choose your meals for the week, and make a shopping list. – Cook your favorite raw vegan recipes
- Chop, dice, whisk and serve your favorite recipes while they are still fresh and delicious!
- Prepare your raw vegan meals ahead of time
- This will allow you to enjoy your favorite raw vegan recipes even when you’re busy.
- Eat your raw vegan meals on a regular schedule
- This will give your body time to get used to the raw vegan diet, and you’ll stay healthier!
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle ,This will give you the best results.
Shopping list for the high raw vegan diet
Try to get fresh, organic, high-quality fruits and vegetables from farmers’ markets
Asian markets are a good place to buy fresh tropical fruits, and some stores may sell raw bread, raw cookies, and other raw snacks and foods.
But my advice to you is to prepare your food easily at home. You can prepare the most delicious meals, desserts and snacks at home!
What you will need to follow the high raw vegan diet
In order to follow this diet, you need to be prepared with a list of high-raw vegan staples that covers all of your nutritional bases. Here are some tips for making sure you’re well-stocked:
Nutritional yeast flakes
A good source of B vitamins, vitamin K, and selenium. It has a cheesy flavor and can be sprinkled on soups and salads to add flavor without adding calories.
You can find it at most grocery stores.
A paste made from ground sesame seeds that is used as a condiment or ingredient in many foods for its distinctive taste and texture. It can be used in sauces, dressings, dips and spreads. You can find it at most grocery stores.
This fruit is high in monounsaturated fat and potassium, which helps support healthy blood pressure levels. Avocado is also rich in fiber, which can help lower cholesterol levels. Avocado can be mashed into guacamole or blended into shakes or smoothies. You can buy avocados at most grocery stores.
Nuts and seeds
These foods offer a wide range of nutrients, including protein, healthy fats, and minerals. They can be used in both savory and sweet dishes.
Berries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, as well as fiber. They are also delicious when added to smoothies or other meals.
Carrots are full of vitamin A, which is important for eye health. They are also a good source of fiber and beta-carotene, which converts into vitamin A in the body.
Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene and calcium. It is also an excellent source of fiber and magnesium.
How is high raw vegan food prepared?
There are a few basic things you will need to start your raw vegan diet:
1) A good quality blender/food processor that can handle large amounts of raw food. This will allow you to make smoothies, dips, and sauces quickly.
2) Organic and non-GMO ingredients. This will ensure that you are always eating free of any pesticides or chemicals that may be in conventionally grown foods. Be sure all of your produce is organic, or at least grown with organic pesticides and chemicals that would normally be used on conventionally grown crops.
3) A good quality knife set or chef’s knife as well as a cutting board and a hand towel for cleanup.
4) A large storage container like an old Tupperware or Rubbermaid container that you can use to store your food once it’s made. You can also use Tupperware if you have children, as they have easy-to-use lids that are spill-resistant and come with locks too!
5) A versatile food processor for instant preparation of all kinds of delicious raw vegetable dishes
6) A juicer for preparing fresh fruit and vegetable juice and making smoothies
7) A dryer for drying fruits
8) A steamer with the ability to adjust the temperature
Vegan vs. Raw Vegan: What’s the Difference?
Being vegan is not just a diet but a lifestyle
When you follow a vegan diet, you will avoid consuming any food products made from animals and animal derivatives. Vegans do not consume meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, honey, and gelatin, and instead consume nuts, seeds, beans, and grains.
The raw food style of vegans is similar to vegans, but those who follow the raw vegan or high raw vegan diet eat their food completely uncooked or only heat it at a temperature of 40 to 48 degrees Celsius.
The raw vegan diet has less sodium and processed foods are completely eliminated in this diet
Meals for a raw vegan diet are often prepared by juicing, fermenting, sprouting, steaming, blending.
But a vegan can cook his food however he wants and eat processed foods as well.
People who follow a raw vegan diet believe that all the nutrients needed by humans can be found by consuming raw foods and do not need food supplements.
Learn more about the vegan diet:What is Veganism
What is the difference between a raw vegan diet and a high raw vegan diet?
Followers of a raw vegan diet do not eat any cooked food, instead preferring to eat only raw fruits, nuts, and vegetables. But in the high raw vegan diet, some foods that are less processed or cooked at a mild temperature (less than 115 degrees Fahrenheit) or steamed are allowed.
Learn more about the high vegan diet:What is a High Raw Vegan
Are Raw Vegans eating Rice or Beans?
Since raw vegans avoid eating rice or beans that require a higher temperature to make them edible, raw vegans can safely consume some types of rice and beans if they sprout instead of being cooked.
But in a high-raw vegan diet, it is possible to cook and consume rice and beans that have been soaked the night before at a low temperature.
High raw vegans are people who want to incorporate more raw foods into their diets, but are worried about finding the right balance. They understand the importance of macronutrients (protein, fats, and carbohydrates), but they also want to eat in accordance with their values and beliefs as well.
These types of vegans may not be familiar with the term ‘high raw vegan’, so they may not know what it is or how it could help them eat a more balanced diet that is aligned with their values and beliefs as well. In this article we’ve explored some key considerations to keep in mind before fully committing to a raw vegan diet.
The popularity of raw vegan diets is increasing, you can choose to have a 100% raw diet or include some foods that are prepared with low heat in your diet.
It is important to remember that the raw vegan diet and the high raw vegan diet have differences in food preparation and consumption.
You can achieve many health benefits by following a healthy, complete and balanced diet consisting of vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
If you are looking to lose weight or treat your illness and improve your health, be sure to try a short course of raw vegan or High-Raw-Vegan, get to know its amazing results.
And also share the problems and challenges you faced with high raw vegan diet in the comments below this post!